Monday, March 25, 2013

e.l.f. Studio Eye Primer & Liner Sealer Review

e.l.f. Studio Eye Primer & Liner Sealer Review






Eye Primer & Liner Sealer




 Now you can have your eye makeup lasting longer for no fuss no budge color.





The Prime side sets your eyeshadow in so your color won't fade, bleed or crease. 



 
The Liner side transforms your favorite eye shadow into a waterproof, smudge-proof liquid liner with this unique clear liquid and built-in felt tip precision eyeliner brush. 




Here is a closeup of the felt tip and how it stains even with cleaning after




 Below are photos of the primer when I first swatched it on my hand 



This is what it looks like after it's been blended in. As you can see above it is very yellow toned but blends in fairly well, especially since I have cool toned skin




Product Review

      I  feel that this product is a good purchase simply for the fact that it is only $3 and comes with a decent amount of primer and liner sealer.  Since this is a dual purpose product I'll let you know how I feel about each of them individually.
Primer:   As you can see above the primer is very yellow toned so if you would be using it with a  white eyeshadow it may change the coloring of it.  I have cool toned skin and as you can see in the picture above once you blend it out, its not that noticeable.  This product is very thick and you can have some drag/tugging in order to get the product to apply to your eyelids.  I would recommend using a brush to apply or a clean finger tip to warm up the product first and then apply to your eyelids.  This does blend out nicely once you get it on your skin.  It reminds me of how the Maybelline Dream Matte  Concealer feels after you apply it. This goes on kind of dry and isnt tacky after you blend it in.  This primer isn't the best out there.  Obviously  the higher end primers and some primers from other drugstore lines work better, but it's hard to find another primer for $1.50 that works this good.  This lasts around 4 hours depending on what I'm doing. I do have oily eyelids since I have oily/combination skin so if you have dry skin this might work better for you.  But I feel that 4 (and sometimes more) hours isn't a bad lasting time. Especially if you are just going out to eat or running to the store or something like that.  If you have are going to a big event I would recommend you try another primer.  I haven't had any reactions to this primer and will continue using it.  I'm not sure if I would repurchase it as I'm currently looking for a drugstore primer to keep as a staple.  But if in a pinch or left to choose between this and nothing I would definitely repurchase this primer.
Liner SealerWhen I first opened this I was hesitant to use it. It has a strong alcoholically smell.  After reading the description on the box I found that it does in fact have alcohol in it. Which is a good thing b/c it comes with the felt tip applicator as you see in the picture above. You reuse this felt tip applicator over and over so it is important to have something in their that is killing any germs and bacteria it may have come in contact with.  The formulation of the liquid is very thin and watery.  Which is a good and bad thing. Its good b/c it helps to have a thin non clumpy liner but I have found that the felt tip applicator picks up alot of liquid at once so I usually end up with too much liquid on it even though I try to get the excess off.  This can make a large wet spot on the eyeshadow and sometimes leaves it feeling chalky after it dries.  I wish that the felt tip applicator looked cleaner after using it. The directions say for best results wipe off and clean applicator before closing. I have done this and as you can see from the photo above it is still stained.  Plus I don't want to pull and bend it too much b/c it will loose its shape.  I have found that this product works best with shadows that have a satin or shimmer finish versus a matte finish. The matte shadows I used this with worked but I had to apply a couple of coats because it kept looking streaky. If you watch my video I do a smudge test on the liners I made and you can see that they dont budge. I went over them quite a few times and used way more pressue then you would have on your eyelids.  I don't notice the alcoholically smell when I apply this to my eyes but it does feel cool on the skin.  The liner this creates dries very quickly which I love.  This isn't water proof but I find that it stands up pretty good against moisture as long as you aren't actually wiping at the liner.  
      Overall I would recommend you at least try the e.l.f. Eye Primer & Liner Sealer Duo.  Its definitely worth the money and is pretty compact so its portable and takes up less space than if you were to try and carry both of these products seperately.  It's also a bonus b/c if you ever forget your liner, you can just transform you eyeshadow into one.  If you have tried this product before please let me know your thoughts and opinions.   Thanks for reading  and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...