Tuesday, March 19, 2013

GVP Volumizing Root Lifter Review

GVP Volumizing Root Lifter Review






GVP Volumizing Root Lifter: Compare to: Matrix Amplify Volumizing System Root Lifter



       
      GVP Volumizing Root Lifter gives you medium to firm control while providing weightless, humidty-resistant body. For all hair types. This root lifter is virtually weightless which will eliminate the problem of having heavy, gunky hair.





      Will protect against frizzies caused by humidity and will keep frizz at bay for an extended time. A special directional nozzle applicator allows application right where lift is needed. Give your hair body without the build up.





Designed to increase the thickness and diameter of your hair.
  • Directional nozzle applicator
  • Weightless humidity-resistant body
  • Medium to firm control
  • For all hair types
 
 
Product Review
 
      The Generic Value Products line was formed, because a group of experienced chemists and marketing personnel knew they could produce a product as good as the higher priced quality name brands. The GVP is a generic version of the Matrix Amplify Volumizing System Root Lifter.  I haven't tried the Matrix one so I can't do a comparison of them.  
      This is  my favorite product for adding volume to my hair.  I use this product on damp or dry hair.  I spray this close to the root of my hair, and usually focus on the crown of my head.  After applying this I flip my hair over and blow dry it while my head is upside down.  I brush my hair while its upside down to help direct the hair forward so that when I flip it over I get the most volume.  If I I use this on dry hair and I let it air dry or hit it with the dryer for a few seconds.  While I'm drying it I pick up the hair at my crown and brush it forward to over direct it towards my forehead.  Its the same concept as flipping my head over except its easier.
      This product works really well with my hair. I have oily hair, which means that usually within 12-14 hours after washing my hair it's starting to look oily.  This  doesn't make my head dry or itchy as I've heard some people say that root lifter can sometimes do.  It has a kind of fruity hair spray/gel smell. The smell isn't that strong and fades after the product dries.
      I really like the size of this bottle. It's 8.5 fl. oz/251 ML.  So you get a good amount of product that lasts a long time b/c you don't have to use a lot to get the desired effect.  Also as you can see in the picture of the nozzle above, it's different than your typical spray nozzle.  It dispenses and disperses the right amount of product in the right place.  This retails for $7.79 a bottle and if you have a Sally Beauty Beauty Club Card it is discounted to $6.99.
       I definitely recommend you stop by your local Sally Beauty supply store and check this out. The GVP line has a large selection of products at really affordable prices (especially compared to the price of the original) so I'm sure if you don't like this you'll fine one that works for you.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...