Sunday, March 17, 2013

TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo Review

TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair Review






      Transform limp, lifeless locks into healthy, full-bodied hair when you skip a shampoo. The Mineral Clay and Citrus formula removes oil and odor that weighs hair down, so you can have instant salon-quality volume without a drop of water.



  

How it Works

  • Formulated with Mineral Clay, seeks out and absorbs oil, injecting hair with instant salon-gorgeous volume
  • Citrus Extracts including formula, eliminate odor, infusing hair with a fresh, clean scent
  • Using Fresh Start to revive style instead of a shampoo helps preserve color and keep it looking fresh





About the Collection

      Rock salon-gorgeous style even on the second day with the Fresh Start Collection—a complete line of dry shampoos that helps revive your style’s beautiful look and feel if you skip a shampoo. Now you can get a when-you-need-it fresh take on your style, no water necessary.


Photo screenshot from Tresemme.com



 Fresh Start Dry Shampoo Varieties 

      The Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo Collection contains 4 different dry shampoos that each focus on a specific type of hair. These are the
  • Fresh Start Color Care Dry Shampoo
  • Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo
  • Fresh Start Strengthening Dry Shampoo
  • Fresh Start Smoothing Dry Shampoo 


Product Review 
     I have used this product for a while now and think that for a dry shampoo its OK.  Its nothing to brag about, atleast from my experience.  It states that this shampoo is for oily hair and that I have but it may work better for someone whose hair doesn't get as oily mine does.  Sadly my hair gets/looks oily about 12-14 hours after I wash it.  This sprays out more like a hair spray than a dry powder. It dries quickly and and doesnt leave behind a white residue (unless of course you spray a lot in one place).  I use this as a volumizing spray.  After my hair is dry I spray this around my crown and work it in with my fingers. It gives my hair a bit of texture and helps me build up a lot of volume.  I like using this after I've dried my hair b/c it doesn't leave it stiff or oily looking like some mousse/volumizing sprays do.  Also since its made to absorb oil it doesn't make it look oily.
       This retails between $4-$6 (5.7oz bottle) depending on where you purchase it from.  This lasts a while depending on how much you use at a time so its a decent price for the amount. Of course I would like it a lot more if it actually absorbed some of the oilyness from my hair like I had expected it would, but I'm fine using it as a volumizing spray. I probably won't repurchase this particular dry shampoo from Tresemme but want to try the other 3 they have.      
      Even though this doesn't work well as a dry shampoo for my hair I would recommend it to someone who has normal/dry hair.  If you have oily hair I would recommend you use maybe try another brand such as Dove or Batiste as I've heard good things about both. I'll be trying both in the near future so be on the lookout for a review of those as well...




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...