Saturday, March 2, 2013

Olay Shine Control Lathering Cleanser

Olay Shine Control Lathering Cleanser
Above photo from Olay.com

Detoxifying mud cleanser minimizes shine with the surface cleansing power of a mud mask and the lather and rinse of a daily deep cleanser.
  • Detoxifying mud cleanser complexly deep cleans to remove impurities
  • Lathers and rinses like a daily cleanser for thoroughly purified, clean skin
  • Dermatologically Tested  

Formerly known as the Deep Purifying Mud Cleanser

Olay put a fresh new face on your favorite facial cleansing products


Photo from Olay.com



      I'm sure you have all heard of Olay. They have a wide variety of product lines including:
Olay Pro-X, Olay Regenerist, Total Effects, Age Defying Series, Olay Complete, Body Cleansing, Body Lotion, Facial Cleansing, and more.
      Each of these lines contains a variety products. As you can see from the above title and photos I'll be reviewing the Shine Control Lathering Cleanser. I originally started using this product about a year ago when it was known as the  "Deep Purifying Mud Cleanser".  I found it while shopping at my local Wal-Mart for a new face wash and decided to give it a try.
      I have oily/combination skin and was looking for a  cleanser that was oil free and that would help remove some of the impurities from my skin but that was gentle enough to use daily. They have products that are focused towards oily/combination skin but those are often geared towards acne reduction as well, and although I have oily skin I'm not prone to breakouts. I have also found that if I use something that strips too much oil from my face, it  goes into overdrive the next day to make up for it.  


 Product Review:  

      I was hooked the first time I tried this.  I love the smell of it.  It's very fresh and clean and reminds me of a tea tree bath set I got one time that I haven't been able to find since. Oh, and don't think because I said tea tree it will have a harsh smell like some tea tree scents do. This is like floral tea tree.  ( I secretly wish I could find a candle or body wash that smells like this.) 
      I use this both in the shower as well as at my bathroom sink. The directions say to:
  • Wet Face
  • Dispense a small amount of product into hands
  • add water and work into a lather, adding more water if necessary
  • Massage gently onto face and neck
  • Rinse thoroughly
      If I'm in the shower I pre-wet my face but at the sink I just make sure I get a good lather in my hands and then start applying it to my face in circular motions. I use around a dime size amount and this works good for my face and neck area.  This rinses away easy and doesn't leave behind any residue. My skin feels really soft and hydrated afterwards.  I've used this face wash day and night and found that even though I enjoy using it at any time, I prefer using it at night before bed.  It removes my makeup really well and helps reduce the amount of oil my skin produces while I sleep. That way I don't wake up with really oily skin.  Because we all know we are guilty of forgetting or not having enough time to tackle skincare in the morning and we don't want to leave the house looking like an oil slick.  I also like to use a moisturizer with SPF in the morning so I find that if I moisturize in conjuction with the facewash (since it moisturizes) I can end up looking oily anyway. 
      This product is very affordable and the price ranges from $7-$8 here in the U.S.  I'm not sure what the pricing is in other countries. This product lasts a really long time since you have to use just a small amount.  I would definitely recommend this for anyone to try because if you have dry skin it will help with moisturizing and if you have oily/combination skin it will help combat shine and excess oil production.

      ALSO... you may want to check out Olay's website for a list of their products, especially if you have a product you once loved but can't seem to find it any more.  That happened with me when I thought they discontinued the "Deep Purifying Mud Cleanser" when really they just changed the name of it to fit their new look. Here's a link to their "New Look" page http://www.olay.com/skin-care-products/cleansers/eurl.axd/fe26f7d4bd276046a769eb849c2bc9a7
  

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...